| || Spatial Data Download |
This facility provides spatial datasets for free downloading into a Geographic Information System (GIS) software package. The datasets presented below have been made available by NSW State Government agencies participating in the CANRI program and are provided to assist decision-making in natural resources management.
To download a dataset
- View the metadata record by clicking on the link under "Dataset Name". This links to records in the NSW Natural Resources Data Directory (NRDD), which provides details including the dataset's quality, map extent, and currency. This information is also included in the download file.
- Preview the dataset you require by clicking on the link under "Image Preview"
- Select the dataset you require by clicking on the link under "Download" - data is provided as zipped shapefiles or MapInfo format.
- Click "I ACCEPT" to download the dataset.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure that the datum and projection for the selected dataset is suitable for your intended purpose. You can view the datum and projection information in the metadata file/s in the zip download file.
- WinZip is a software package used to uncompress zipped files downloadable from www.winzip.com
- Shapefiles can be displayed using free software from ESRI downloaded from www.esri.com
- MapInfo files can be displayed using free software downloaded from mapinfo.com
- Details on other free GIS software packages can be browsed at http://www.freegis.org
CANRI does not endorse or guarantee the use of the above mentioned software and has simply provided these details for information purposes only. Please refer to our Disclaimer for details.
Datasets Available for Download
Please let us know your comments on this service or if you would like to make your agency's dataset available.